In-Person Sea Center Field Trips Overview
Welcome to our online registration system for in-person field trips at the Sea Center.
All field trips at the Museum include:
A Sea Center Tour, where students will get the chance to observe, touch, and learn about local marine life and environments with guiding questions tied to their grade specific program
An exclusive Sea Center Scavenger Hunt on Stearns Wharf
All field trips include a “Seaside Snack-Time" next to our program area on the Wharf, where students can stretch their legs, use the restroom, and enjoy a light snack, if they brought one.
Field Trip Safety Information:
The health and safety of the visitors who join us for field trips is extremely important to us. For the 2022-23 program year, we are continuing to take the following steps in response to the continuing presence of COVID-19 in our communities:
- The Sea Center hosts no more than one (1) class at a time.
- During the Sea Center tour portion of the field trip, class groups will be divided as necessary to reduce the number of students in the facility to a maximum of no more than 15 at a time (a class is typically split into two groups). One group will tour the Sea Center while the other class embarks on their Scavenger Hunt, and after 25 minutes, the groups will switch.
- Masks are required for all children and adults on school visits while indoors at the Sea Center. Masks are optional outdoors.
- All Sea Center staff and volunteers are vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Instructional portions of Sea Center field trip programs are held outside on the Wharf, barring inclement weather.
Below is a quick overview of our enrollment process.
- Select grade level and number of students in your class group (up to 30 students).
- The cost is $100 per class group.
- Museum Access Fund (MAF) Scholarship – If your school is a Title I school, there will be a discount applied of $50 per class group.
- Please check your school calendar before booking your visit – there are no refunds for cancellations and reschedules are not guaranteed.
Please note only credit card payments are accepted online. Your non-refundable payment online guarantees your booking.
Please have your credit card ready before starting the enrollment process.
Questions? Need Registration Support?
If you have any questions, please contact the Sea Center School and Teacher Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-962-2526 ext. 108