Natural History of Wine, Beer and Spirits – Bourbon
Saturday, December 12, 2020
4:00 PM–5:00 PM
from the Museum Library
Enjoy bourbon with a touch of oak! Learn about oaks and the adaptations that make them especially suited to life in our region during a live bourbon tasting with Beam Suntory Whiskey Ambassador Amanda Gunderson and SBMNH Director of Exhibits and Education Frank Hein. Explore the bourbon-making process and taste Knob Creek, Basil Hayden’s, and Jim Beam Black along with the experts. They’ll discuss the role oaks play in bourbon production, as well as the role of fire in bourbon production and in the natural environment of oaks.
Sponsored by: Town & Country Event Rentals, The Berry Man, Inc., Mission Wealth, and Beam Suntory.
BYOB Level: $20 (delivered by email)
- Want to just watch, without any of the accoutrements? We’ll just send you a link.
Aficionado Level: $100 (pick up only at the Museum, no shipping)
- Watch and taste along with the experts!
- (1) 375 mL bottle of each: Knob Creek, Basil Hayden’s, Jim Beam Black
Gourmet Package Add-on: $25 (pickup only at the Museum)
- Enhance the experience with appetizers for two. Separate from your ticket; no link included.
Connoisseur Level (only 4 available): $250 (no shipping available, must be picked up at Museum)
- (1) 750 mL bottle of each: Knob Creek, Basil Hayden’s, Jim Beam Black
- Set of golf balls, tie clip and studs, and leather luggage tag
- Sponsor recognition at beginning of the event and on ticketing
Information: Contact Events Manager Meridith Moore at 805-682-4711 ext. 112 or email@example.com.